Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trends Report: My Boyfriend's Back

Photobucket

(photo via eonline)

One of the hottest trends for Fall is probably sitting in your closet right now…actually, make that your significant other’s closet. Menswear-inspired pieces borrowed from the boys will add a whole new outlook to your wardrobe (and possibly your relationship).

What distinguishes the trend now from previous seasons is that last year’s “tweedy professor” gives way to the “hunky football player,” with battered jeans (rolled up at the hem, natch), longer-length slim cardigans, and button-down shirts that look like they came straight off your boyfriend’s back. The vibe is a little bit preppy, sporty, and geeky, in the best ways possible.

Add more feminine accessories like pearls, scarves, or a bold necklace to look a little more like Lois and a little less like Clark.




7 comments:

Sharon S said...

Yaay-I'm all for this trend to be back in again-I will try out with jeans and cardi this autumn for sure!!

WendyB said...

I'm all for it!

Anonymous said...

i'm in my 40s. i don't think so!!! i just think its tacky anyway.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for good words.

RicharChai.

Anna Pope said...

Gotta get me one of those for sure!

Songy said...

I had a post on Katie's style a few days ago. Lots of people love the casual look but it needs to be done right but I haven't seen many doing it right tho. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I will actually wear my boyfriend's jeans to get this look instead of spending huge amounts of money ;)