Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Skinny Belt, Even If You're Not

Photobucket

I've always loved the look of a skinny belt with jeans or trousers. Tuck a button down shirt or slim fitting cardi in 'em and it's a no fail winner. But unfortunately for me, it's hard finding a skinny belt that doesn't make me feel, well...fat.

Until now.

This weekend I hit up the J. Crew in Columbus Circle which, coincidentally, is already filled with cashmere and corduroy as far as the eye can see. They're also offering a nice selection of Fall bags and belts...and...I finally met my dream skinny belt and just had to share:

Photobucket

It's super flattering and has a nice sort of rounded shape which is hard to explain here but trust me it works. I bought it in gold but it's available in loads of great colors including a fab peacock teal patent, mustard, and metallic pewter (shown here) which I suspect will find their way into my wardrobe fairly soon.

At $35 it's a bargain by J. Crew standards, but a pretty decent price regardless given the mileage you'll get out of it.

Find them here.

On a side note, I've heard horror stories (and experienced my own unfortunate snafu) involving their online ordering these past couple of months but apparently they're making up for it by offering a 15% off discount on your next online purchase. Of course, it's mentioned in my catalog which is currently sitting on my couch at home but I promise I'll bring it with me tomorrow to update this post if you're interested!

14 comments:

WendyB said...

But I need a wide belt. Go find one of those for me :-)

Sienna said...

I saw those last weekend at J. Crew--love it! Great blog, link exchange ?:)
http://classyfab.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hmm gonna go out on a limb here and take your advice. sadly, i've only had bad (read: fat) experiences with skinny belts, but these seem promising.

Elizabeth said...

They blew it with one of my orders, sitting on it for three weeks, then saying "it'll be shipped in a couple of days" when I called to ask what had happened. I laughed out loud. I said "come on, this isn't the J.Crew I know," and the CSR offered to refund my shipping. Well, alright, but still not really good enough.

You're better off shopping in the store, if you can.

I love that belt. I'm happy for you!

Little Bow Prep said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Love the ad. J. Crew has pretty awesome items.

Cammila said...

I just recently began looking at JCrew again, after years away. My boyfriend has always dressed head to toe JCrew and I'm suddenly remembering that it has some nice things to offer...

Anonymous said...

Great find! And it will go with practically everything.

Anonymous said...

I love the title of this post. Clever.

Mc Cranky! said...

I'll be looking around for a skinny belt. Thanks for the advise.

Songy said...

I knew that I wasn't the only one with some shocking online shopping dramas but didn't know J.crew was that hopeless.

I'm not much of a skinny belt person but looking at that model with a mustard yellow jacket and a belt I'm having a second thought.

Ida said...

Skinny belts work better than wide belts for me *lol* This one looks gorgeous.

P.S. Thank you for all of your adorable comments. They mean the world!

Belowen said...

Great choice! I love the colour too... I hope you get a lot of wear out of it!

please sir said...

Oh I like the look of the yellow one - I will have to try this out for fall.

Sharon S said...

The belt looks a great buy, I really like it in silver!!