Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's Paint The Town Pink...Happy Birthday Betsey!

Photobucket

(photo via Cowgirl In The City)

Betsey Johnson turns 30 today...or rather her collections do. To commemorate her amazing career and spunky spirit I found this:

Photobucket

I couldn't have said it better myself. From artist John Gascot, available at Raw Style Whimsey Gallery.

Photobucket

above: Betsey primps circa 1978

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(photos from Women's Wear Daily Tuesday, July 22, 2008)


To see her limited edition 30th Anniversary gear check out the Betsey Johnson site now!

12 comments:

Sharon S said...

Oh, what a great post- I love both pictures here, she looks great in the 1st one!! I'd love to source a vintage item of hers-maybe one day!!

Casey said...

I'm not a big Betsey Johnson fan, but happy birthday to her anyway.

Oh, and your blog is super cute!

STYLE DU MONDE said...

She is amazing and has a very strong personality!

xx

Amber Nofetari said...

her items are iffy some are cute some are wacky and tacky. But nonetheless i love her !!! happy bday ms johnson <3

Tricia said...

Funny, you can always find something in her collection that you have forever, even if you think you're not a betsey girl - she's like magic! and her shoes are adorable too!

Elizabeth said...

She's a wonder. I don't wear her stuff, but I admire what she does.

Wendiva said...

ahhh....i love her, this is inspiring me for a betsey post! btw, you're on my blogroll!!

Cammila said...

Enough can't be said about Betsey. Nobody has ever come close to matching the beautiful, unique, playful style she STILL creates with her work. Happy Birthday Betsey!

Annie Spandex said...

She is so amazing...

Songy said...

thanks for your visit and your comment in my blog.

I never knew about Betsey. Blogging does make me learn a lot. :)

thanks again. i'm off to check out the BJ site. ^^

Christina said...

Love this post! I also love Betsey Johnson she is timeless.

John Gascot said...

Oh wow! I'm waaaaaaay late but I just came across this. I painted that Betsey/Wonder Woman piece. Betsey's business partner actually bought it from me at an outdoor show in the Hamptons to give to her as a gift. :-)