Friday, August 1, 2008

New York Street Beat: Mix Master

Photobucket

One of the things that I admire most about New York women is their uncanny ability to look chic even in the most ungodly weather conditions.

While I get frizzy, shvitzy, and altogether schlubby in the humidity, others unbelievably shine. Melissa, seen here at a recent art opening, looks so cool in this ensemble – a burst of fresh air that cuts through the stifling NYC heat.

Elegantly turned out in a Development by Erica Davies dress, Opening Ceremony patent pumps, gold cuff and Hayden-Harnett bag, we love how she mixes and matches different colors and textures for a supremely chic look. A yam-colored bag pops against the neutral dress and pumps in an unexpected nude patent leather, while the citrusy-lemon color piping and high waist adds structure for a look that is totally polished.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow she does look beautiful. I've been looking for a dress like that!

WendyB said...

I am not one of these women!

Susan B said...

I am not one of those women either!

But I have been eyeing that exact HH bag for over a year now, and that lovely picture may push me over the edge...

Tricia said...

what a cute dress, and me in the heat? ugh.