Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The New Juicy Couture: More Couture, Less Juicy.

Though I'm sure I'll sound like a complete snob by saying this but I've never been a Juicy Couture girl. I've always equated the brand with ditzy celebrities or 13 year olds who can pull off a pink and green velour jumpsuit much more easily than I ever could (or would want to).

I'm not exactly sure when Juicy went from hoochie to haute but I must say I am loving the new direction.

Here are some of my top picks from their latest collection:

Photobucket

The colors, the buckle, the height...I'm in love.

Photobucket

Another great color in a versatile tote -- perfect for Fall.

Photobucket

Personally, a black leather jacket is a Must Have that transcends trends. This one's simple and chic.

Photobucket

These trousers do the impossible -- professional enough for the office, sexy enough for after hours.

Photobucket

So ladylike without being overly girly. Nice balance.

All are available at ShopBop.


7 comments:

WendyB said...

They have some really nice pieces, but I have such a bad image of them from their tracksuits that I can't bring myself to buy any of the line!

Elizabeth said...

They're improving, and that's a relief! I think as the two designers of the brand get older, they come to the conclusion that they want different things.

Anonymous said...

i'll take the trousers and the boots stat! nice finds :)

Sharon S said...

Hi always in style-these picks really show what the brand is about now! I do love the boots and the bag best!

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

i have been having the exact same issue! i can't quite mentally adjust to a chic juicy couture....it just doesn't make sense in my head. but, sure enough, lately when i find something i love that's not absurdly expensive, there's a decent chance it's juicy....and that scares the hell out of me!

Siljesfashion said...

Love the tote and the black pants! Great looks.

Tiffany said...

you are so right, their designs have gotten a lot better. loving those black trousers.