Monday, August 11, 2008

I'd Like To Thank The Academy

Last week, we were awarded the Brillante Weblog Premio 2008 by the brilliant Kari at Fabulous Over 40. I was so beside myself with the honor that I was actually at a loss for words…and that’s très rare I assure you.

It goes without saying that I love to read Kari’s beauty reviews. Although the site is geared towards women 40+ her posts are valuable to any girl looking for unbiased opinions and sensible advice.

I could award every single blog on our roll, but I’d like to take this opportunity to highlight seven of my favorite bloggers (in alphabetical order):

Apricot Tea: Here’s a relative newcomer to my list of faves. The site isn’t all fashion 24/7, which is a good thing because AT’s musings are always so heartfelt and thought provoking. She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.

Beauty and The Street: beezie and taylor are a couple of stylish young ladies that seem to have their pulse on all the hot new trends. What I love best about their commentary is that they post topics that not every blogger in the universe is covering so I feel like I’m getting fresh scoop.

Fashion Herald: FH covers the Herald Square shopping district of NYC, home to Macy’s, Sephora, Victoria’s Secret, and moi. I love living vicariously through all of her expeditions, and although we’re neighbors and haven’t met, I suspect she is way too cool to hang out with the likes of me.

Hi Styley: This blog centers around Los Angeles fashionistas and I can’t help but sigh and miss L.A. every time I gaze upon it’s stylish denizens.

Little Molly Cake: I adore her style and her sense of humor is priceless. I never fail to laugh out loud while reading and I usually find something that I want to own right now.

Ogni Cosa Bella e Viola: This is a blog that I came across recently and I just love it. I consider it my ears and eyes on the chic streets of Italy.

Shoppings My Cardio: It’s no secret that this site is a big fave of mine. Becki is not only a wonderful writer, a sales sleuth extraordinaire, but also a totally cool person that I would love to have coffee with…if only she weren’t 3,000 miles away.

10 comments:

Times of Glory said...

Dear, you absolutely deserve this beautiful award! Your stylish and meaningful posts are simply delightful xxxxxxxx

we wear things said...

congrats on the award! i'll have to check out some of these other blogs you've mentioned

-issa

Angela said...

congrat!!!

Annie Spandex said...

Congrats! I'll have to check out some of those blogs...t

Ev'Yan || apricot tea. said...

thank you so much for the mention. :] I am truly honored!

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

wow, that is some seriously fabulous company i'm sharing, my dear - i'm oh-so-flattered! and i'm down for coffee ANY time you're on my coast.

you 100% deserved the award...you do a fantastic job. xoxo!

Amber Nofetari said...

Thank you so much ! I love your blog and I will continue to support always in style. Congratulations on the award love <33

ciao !

Tricia said...

Wow, I come home from vacation to this, thanks, I'm so honored!! ummm, and trust me, I'm nowhere near cool, i'm a big dork! seriously, why don't we do coffee in Herald Square? Like when wichcraft opens!

Always In Style said...

beezie: i gave you one too... post it and send it to 7 others if you wish!

herald: sounds like a date!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and Thank you!!