Friday, August 22, 2008

Rachel Comey: Fall 2008

Last night, while perusing the racks at Tani Shoes (strictly for research purposes of course) I came across the most fabulous pair by a designer named Rachel Comey. I'd heard of her before through Lucky Magazine's Shop Girl who raves but I'd never seen her stuff up close and personal.

I was so mesmerized that I launched a Google search first thing this A.M. to find more. I couldn't find the pair that I wanted but I did find that Rachel designs clothing as well -- and really unique ones at that. Style.com described them as a mad mix of Grey Gardens inspired prints and patterns -- and I'd have to agree.

I love the quirky shabby chic charm of these pieces from her Fall 2008 collection:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All photos via Style.com

******************NEWSFLASH: Courtesy of Grechen's Closet***************

several online boutiques have last season's collection on sale now, gargyle.com has some shoes on sale and they're an additional 25% off through today with code "ggsale." tobi and shopbop also have shoes on sale. here is my list of online boutiques that sell rachel comey: http://directory.grechenscloset.com/International/Local/Online/Rachel_Comey

Thanks Grechen :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

rachel comey is one of my favorite designers!! i first fell in love with her shoes, but her clothing is also very much my style. several online boutiques have last season's collection on sale now, gargyle.com has some shoes on sale and they're an additional 25% off through today with code "ggsale." tobi and shopbop also have shoes on sale. here is my list of online boutiques that sell rachel comey: http://directory.grechenscloset.com/International/Local/Online/Rachel_Comey

Always In Style said...

Thanks so much for the tip Grechen!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-I've not heard of her, but this collection you've shown is really great, I love this style so much!!

Tricia said...

I'm with Sharon, I'm really into this kind of mixed up look. thanks for the heads up, I love your recommendations!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout-out!! i've also seen some of her shoes on sale at my local anthropologie - it's worth a trip if you need to see IRL. but prices are better online :-)

Songy said...

granted it's interesting but what's up with those models? having bright happy faces won't do any good for the quirky design? I sometimes don't get what they think when they paint these girls like that.

I do like the clothes tho. :)