Friday, August 8, 2008

New York Street Beat: 3 Trends, 3 X The Fab

Photobucket

A style stalker's job is never done.

This became readily apparent as I walked through Chelsea last night and suddenly found myself engulfed in a sea of stylish handbags that carried three distinct themes.

The first I’ll call the old-school leather bag: hand-stitched or tooled with braided toggles, these bags have that laid-back hippie vibe that we can’t get enough of in summer. The beauty pictured up top is a bit more sophisticated than the average boho bag, thanks to its rich caramel color and detailed, yet sleek lines.

The second is metallic, a trend that thankfully won’t go away. What makes this Foley + Corinna bag so covetable is not only its soft gunmetal finish, but its superhero-like ability to transform from a tote to a shoulder bag with the flick of a strap.

And last, but certainly not least: sea foam. I literally spotted four bags in a two block stretch and was so captivated by its softly-muted shade I nearly tackled an innocent bystander trying to snap the last pic.

You heard it here first folks.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

ha, that's so funny, I get total stalker with my camera on cute outfits - people think I'm crazy!