Monday, August 25, 2008

Ladies, Start Your Engines...70% off Couture Candy

Mondays are always tough for me and this morning is no exception. After a weekend "bootcamp" including, but not limited to, painting, cleaning, and a first stab at whipping my personal finances into shape, I am dawg tired.

But it's that last activity that weighs most heavily on my mind. Given that the odds of me deep-sixing my shopping habits is slim, I've become more in tune with stretching my dollar stylishly yet sensibly.

This morning I got an email from Couture Candy announcing 70% off deals through Label Spree. Take a look at this tiny sample that leaped out at me:

Photobucket

These pieces are all cashmere which means that you'll be able to wear them into Fall easily. They are still expensive but wise investments that pump up your wardrobe with high quality pieces. When it gets super cold you can layer; come Spring wear them as is -- you get the idea. Price and versatility = a bargain.

That doesn't mean I am suggesting that you tackle every 70% off sale that comes your way - and with this economy there are many.

Here's an example of a JUST. DON'T. DO. IT.:

Photobucket

When I came across these last week I shrieked with laughter. Of course, they're marked down a bajillion percent but even at the bargain basement price of $9.99 they're absolutely ridiculous, serve no purpose, and scream fashion victim.

I won't reveal the brand to protect the innocent but my point is this: be smart about your spending. Buy season-less pieces of higher quality that will last. My motto has always been quality not quantity but after taking a personal inventory I've found it to be only partially true. I don't want to get all preachy on your ass first thing on a Monday morning, and I think the topic merits further discussion so I will hold off until a later date.

So back to this great sale...have fun scoping out these 70% off deals!

11 comments:

Songy said...

thanks! I'm liking the neutral coloured tops a lot.

xxx

Anonymous said...

i got a karoo cashmere dress last season and it's remained a true favorite in my closet.

Sharon S said...

Hi always in style-wow, what great picks-the cashmere kimono is seriously covetable and you're absolutely right, these are timeless classics that if looked after will last for years!! Good for you for a very productive weekend too!

Tricia said...

I did Mark Eisen trunk shows years ago, and always liked his designs. these are great, thanks! And I'm jealous of your productive weekend - I'm trying to decide if I want to spend a weekend fall cleaning, or spend to have someone else do it!

Danz said...

I love the Cashmere Turtleneck and Cashmere Kimono. Even on sale they're still a little too expensive for me (I'd also have to pay quite a bit for shipping) so I'll have to sit this one out.

Oh, and I've been sitting here trying to figure out exactly what those things are that the guy is wearing and why anyone would want to buy them. I mean...you wouldn't pay $10 for garbage, so why spend it on those?

Couture Carrie said...

I kinda love leg warmers but you are right, that look is a tad . . . off.

Thanks for the heads up on the fab sale!!

xoxox,
CC

Kriston said...

Those leg warmers look terrible with those shoes.

Looks like a great sale! :D

xox

Skye said...

I'm going to send the link for this sale to my mother in Scotland - she's a sale and cashmere addict, thank you for the heads up!

PS. what are those brown things supposed to be?

ifyouonlyknew said...

... those suede looking leg warmers... are interesting ... maybe you could use them as pot holders? lol ...

love your blog, have linked you as a regular read ;)

Annie Spandex said...

I love leg warmers, but why are those paired with those shoes and those cargo shorts..? Cut off cargo shorts, no less, lol...

Fab Over 40 said...

What a great bargain on cashmere!