Thursday, July 24, 2008

What I'm Coveting For Fall: YSL

Lest you think I’m all about pretty florals and patchouli, I wanted to make abundantly clear that my breezy caftan choices du jour are merely fleeting dalliances meant to relive the carefree School's Out vibe of my youth.

Come autumn I’m back to my old tricks. Naturally the season’s Goth inspired alterna-girl looks have got me jonesing for a few necessary wardrobe updates (and the Mega Millions jackpot to facilitate said updates).

Enter Yves Saint Laurent’s Fall Runway:

Oh Stefano, I am not worthy to receive you but only say the word and I shall be healed.

Which designer collection is your pick for Fall?

5 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

This post is soooo eloquently written!
My faves for fall are Gucci and Hermes right now . . . so sophisticated, and I'm loving all the rich paisleys and suede.
But I am also a bit in love with all the corduroy and plaid at Dolce & Gabbana.
This fall is going to be so amazing!

Always In Style said...

Oooh, you're so right CC...the paisleys and plaid bits are so English Country but with a sort of punk twist.

Great choices!

Sharon S said...

Hmm.. what a choice!! I'm loving prada lace and gucci paisley so far!!

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

for fun, i have to say proenza schouler - their fall pieces were so fabulous and colorful!

for elegance, it's a toss-up...i'm loving stella mccartney's collection for the first time ever. but michael kors really stole the show for me this year. but then, i can't get enough of this new 40s classic look that's everywhere for fall!

Always In Style said...

Cardio - more great picks...I would give my right arm for that chartreuse dress by Proenza Schouler did...brilliant!