Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dolly Duz Prada's Rose Pumps

Photobucket

I am no stranger to the lure of Prada's siren call.

Each season, guaranteed, la Miuccia delivers a shoe so extraordinary that after fanning myself from from a bad case of the vapors, I cough up the dough and resign myself to myriad tight-beltening exercises that allow me to indulge in that fleeting "hello lover" moment.

When this Floral Heeled Peep Toe first surfaced around Valentine's Day I was beside myself. And apparently so were many of you because it sold out in a New York minute.

Imagine my delight when I received the curiously titled "Dolly Duz" catalog in the mail last night and feasted my eyes on these:

Photobucket


Not exactly the same, but at $142 versus Prada's $590 it'll do in a pinch.

I tried desperately to find these online to no avail. I called the 800 number and was told that the shoe is in stock so if you're in need of a visit from the shoe fairy give them a jingle at: 1-800-383-6559.

And if you have mad Googling skillz and happen to find these Pelle Moda pumps online, please share the love with your shoe obsessed sisters.

10 comments:

Siljesfashion said...

Love these, such a work of art! Thank you for your lovely comment about my feature.

Sharon S said...

Ooh, these are totally gorgeous-good find!!

WendyB said...

Wow, that's a bold knockoff.

June Shin said...

Great find! I love the shoes.

Tricia said...

nice job, bravo!

Jessie Cacciola said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! i actually blogged about the original a while back. interesting take.

Samantha said...

Prada has always bothered me when I first see it, until I realize that I love everything. These shoes are no exception. It's a shame the knockoffs don't have that classy peeptoe and instead have a platform, because the flowers look EXACTLY the same to me. (Well, with the knockoffs looking like they've been hyper-colored.)

Persian Tea said...

are you kidding me with those prada shoes? they are beautiful!

great blog btw!

WendyB said...

Hi there -- I knew what you meant here -- I just was looking for a good example of an obvious knockoff and figured I would give you credit for finding it. I didn't take your post as a ringing endorsement or anything :-)

Anonymous said...

I’m a huge fan these shoes