Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Guardi ed Impari: Watch & Learn From Italian Vogue

I picked up the July issue of Italian Vogue while I was in Rome and was completely blown away by the Fall fashion layout featuring Linda Evangelista. Aren't these photos just exquisite? They remind me of the good ol' days when fashion magazines used actual models, not the celebrity du jour to make an editorial statement.

I am loving the retro ladylike vibe, especially the 1940s-style hair net headpieces...their name escapes me at the moment...and who doesn't love a cheeky hat and a cute pup or two?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I love the vintage feel of these images and the layers of richness--I mean the whole setting is just a riot of saturated hues and textures that looks decadent and perfect for the styling. So nice!

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

i have died and gone to eye candy heaven.....i freaking love italian vogue. shame subscriptions are about $9,000 in the US.

...and am totally jealous about the trip to rome!

Susan B said...

La Linda still has that Old World glamour. Gorgeous shots, thanks for sharing!

Fab Over 40 said...

I must pick this up - simply divine! I'm with you, I truly miss my supermodels. Please, please, please I beg of you publications, bring them back!

Anonymous said...

those pugs become so glamorous when draped over a beautiful woman!

Unknown said...

Great pictures .. I love this editorial.

AsianCajuns said...

Oh man, I wish Italian Vogue wasn't so expensive at borders. Otherwise I would buy every issue. It's so much more inspiring than American Vogue. Thanks for posting these amazing photos!

Tricia said...

She's baaack!! and putting all the current models to shame.
so grace kelly in the last photo, and that was part of linda's magic, she could look like anyone.

Elizabeth said...

I'm a fan of Linda, and anything retro. This is my dream combo.

k said...

these photos are beautiful, and pugs are the perfect accessory!

Unknown said...

Love Linda's classy looks!