Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vanity Fair Announces Best Dressed List...

...and we couldn't agree more!

Topping the women's list:

H.R.H. CROWN PRINCESS MATHILDE OF BELGIUM
CARLA BRUNI-SARKOZY, model, singer,

First Lady of France JULIA KOCH, mother of three

EVELYN LAUDER, cosmetics executive,

photographer, philanthropist KATE MIDDLETON

MICHELLE OBAMA, vice president for community and external affairs, University of Chicago Hospitals (on leave)

SARAH JESSICA PARKER, actor, producer, entrepreneur

TILDA SWINTON, actor

DIANA TAYLOR, managing director, Wolfensohn & Co.; chairperson of the Hudson River Park Trust; New York City¹s de facto First Lady

IVANKA TRUMP, vice president of development and acquisitions, the Trump Organization; president, Ivanka Trump Jewelry

Photobucket Photobucket

My personal faves from this list are Tilda Swinton, Ivanka Trump, and most of all, Michelle Obama who has single handedly brought style back to Washington D.C.

Agree? Disagree? Comments encouraged!

Read about the rest of the winners here.

7 comments:

Vain and Vapid said...

I have to say that this a very conservative list. Few of these women are fashion risk takers. I do love Tilda Swinton, she's is an exception here and Michelle Obama always looks lovely.

Always In Style said...

Conservative indeed, it is Vanity Fair after all, still I think that all of these women really do have a recognizable style and that's a great thing in my book!

WendyB said...

When am I going to be recognized for my forward-thinking ancient-cargo-pants-plus-American-Apparel-t-shirt combination?

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

i think i just have a different idea of "best dressed". michelle obama making the list baffles me...sure, she is generally very well put together. but there's absolutely nothing creative, unique or 'signature' about her look to me.

the SJP pick, kate middleton, and ivanka trump, however, i totally support. and probably tilda, even though she kind of gives me the heebies. and i'm guessing kate moss didn't make the list because she's so rarely "dressed up".

i do really admire VF for listing all of these women's actual occupations, rather than "wife of Barak," "girlfriend of prince william," etc.

heh...anyway, that's my long-winded opinion ;)

Sharon S said...

Good for SJP-I love her!!

Tricia said...

have a big girl crush on tilda and her style!

Anna Pope said...

Oh god, I totally agree with you on the Michelle Obama issue! I am so glad there's a woman in power out there who dresses with so much style. She really deserves it!