Monday, July 14, 2008

Natural Skin Care: Roses Revisited

A while back I wrote about the benefits of beauty products infused with rose oil, and there are a few rosy picks in particular that I turn to time and time again (including but not limited to anything from Korres' rose line, Dr. Hunter's Hand Creme, and Jo Malone Red Roses cologne).

A spur-of-the-moment facial this weekend however had me singing the praises of another product line that completely slipped my memory -- I can't imagine why because I swear my skin looks and feels so amazing right now I should just buy a bathtub size vat of its rosy offerings and soak in it daily.

The product line in question? Eminence Organics.

Eminence Organics has been in the natural beauty biz since 1958 -- a wee bit before "green" was considered chic so these folks know a thing or two about fruits and herbs and their magically restorative powers on your body's largest organ.

The Hungary-based company makes their products by hand, without heat, and free of any hydrogenating process. The result? Products that are not only fresh but smell good enough to eat.

I've fallen hard for the Sweet Red Rose Whip Moisturizer which is perfect for sensitive, sun-damaged or mature skin; three skin characteristics that I am all too familiar with. They have a new "Coco-luscious" line for Summer which I've yet to try but others in the blogosphere have waxed poetic about it here and here.

As far as I can tell the line is available online and through health spas. I found one retailer that is having a sale at the moment so you can try it at a discount, but be warned, you'll be going back for more.

Check them out at Skin Act.

2 comments:

Siljesfashion said...

Sounds very good, I will have to check that out.

Dennise said...

I have been using Eminence now for like 2 years and I am so glad someone decided to blog about it!

Bravo!