We’re not sure if it’s the somber economy or the fact that it makes you look about 10 pounds thinner, but black is back with a vengeance for Fall. After a season of explosive color, we’re thrilled to get back to basics. This doesn’t mean that we’re settling for drab – quite the opposite – this season’s updates are one part girly, two parts tough, cooking up a most stylish dish.
Key updates include:
- Styles inspired by rock and Goth music and culture.
- Interesting washes and finishes; ombre that fades from black to grey, metallic sheen, leather, feathers and fringe.
- High-drama details; architectural influences, and sharp tailoring.
- Lace, and graphic cut-outs.
- Knits; either exaggerated chunks or barely-there threading that appears web-spun.
- Smoky eyes and glossy lips stand up against an all-black wardrobe.
| || |