Monday, September 29, 2008

Dial M. For Style

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My Netflix addiction strikes again. Last night I watched Hitchcock's Dial M For Murder for the first time, and beside being a thumping great movie, it was a crash course on style quality over quantity.

What do I mean?

Unlike today's starlets who go through hundreds of wardrobe changes in a single movie, concert, appearance, etc. (thank you product placement folks) Grace Kelly's handful of ladylike outfits and bright red lips was eons beyond every wanna-be-celeb-du-jour.

I was especially taken with her fab lacy red dress while the mink stole just sealed the deal for me. I want to look like that right now.



5 comments:

enc said...

If you loved that, get "Rear Window," and revel in the costume lushness.

Anna Pope said...

She looks amazing. I'll have to check out that movie!

apricot tea. said...

I agree with enc, with Rear Window. She looks stunning in that movie as well. I just adore Grace Kelly, about as much as I adore Alfred Hitchcock movies. (I just got done watching Vertigo.)

fashion herald said...

Rear Window! With the cute suitcase scene! Grace Kelly is elegance and sexy personified. And Dial M shouldn't be missed either.

Jessie Cacciola said...

i LOVE all old movies! thanks for stopping by my blog. xo