Friday, September 26, 2008

The Lipstick Queen's Oxymoron

Most oxymorons are pretty hilarious. “Government organization” and “business ethics” leap to mind immediately.

Some, however, just make sense. Case in point: Lipstick Queen’s Oxymoron Gloss. It’s a gloss. It’s matte. It triples as a blush. It’s totally superb.

Let me back up a little before I gush any further.

I made my way to Henri Bendel's for a quick respite during Fashion Week and had the chance to watch the Lipstick Queen Poppy transform some lucky shopper into a hot little siren with just a wave of her hand.

Gazing at the rows of glossy goodness laid out before me (see pics below) I started to feel lightheaded. Fortunately, lippie extraordinaire Cara helped set me straight. She introduced me to the latest Medieval Tinted Treatment and explained, much to my great horror, that many women don’t like/are afraid of a heavily pigmented lipstick. Medieval Tint is the latest in Poppy’s Queendom that addresses that fear. It’s a very sheer red wash of color and quite lovely if you like that sort of thing. It sold out at Bendels almost instantly.

I, on the other hand, love an unabashedly made up lip. So I kept looking. This brings me back to my Oxymoron “Minor Crisis.” This matte gloss gave me the full coverage that I like without drying or aging me 40 years. It also wasn’t overly glossy or goopy – a pet peeve which prevents me from indulging in glosses more often.

The colors available are all quite neutral in soft pinkish browns, nude beiges, and apricot. (See swatches below) As a result they give off a very romantic peaches and cream blushing vibe – kind of how you look when you’re in love. And I am. I highly recommend it.

To view the entire collection click here.

Long Live The Queen.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Belowen said...

Oh, you've made me want to go makeup shopping!

Anonymous said...

I was at the Bendels event too!
I love Medieval.
It's really great stuff plus I love the Vitamin E that's in there!
Oxymoron Honest Politician is a must have!

Anna Pope said...

That looks fabulous and would look really good on my lips and in my beauty bag ;)

Fab Over 40 said...

I love the Lipstick Queen brand and Poppy is wonderful too!