Friday, September 12, 2008

Rosa Cha Spring 2009 Runway: Get The Look Now With Edward Tricomi

Fashion Week is coming to a close and it's cold and rainy here in the City. As I stare out at Bryant Park from my office window, I'm in dire need of a sunny pick-me-up.

This week's Rosa Cha show is just the ticket.

The Brazilian swimwear designer sent models floating down the runway in perhaps the most glam bathing suits and flowy caftans I've ever seen.

Pistachio, white, and coral suits encrusted with luxe embellishments like Swarovski crystals and chunky beads make these suits too pretty to get wet -- if I were about 10 lbs lighter I think I'd throw a sarong around one, get my hair did, and head out for a night on the town.

The suits will have to wait, but the sexy, glossy hair? I'm all over it.

I asked our resident hair expert Edward Tricomi how he achieved the model's sleek runway locks. Turns out the secret is in the serum.

Pre Blow-Drying Calming Serum to be exact.

Photobucket

This lightweight formula tames frizz and adds shine without weighing hair down. It also acts as a shield, protecting the hair from the sun and humidity. (A big plus since frizzy hair just won't cut it when rockin' the Rosa Cha)

Edward used a round bristle brush, divided the hair and blew out each section separately spritzing volumizer as he went along to maximize the body and shine. A dollop of serum later and off the girls went, looking utterly fabulous.

Don't believe me? Check out the video below to see what I mean!

















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just gorge - the suits, the hair - I'm in love!

Elizabeth said...

I love the corset look of that white suit you show!

Audrey Leighton said...

Hi,

My name is Audrey Rogers. I am style editor for The Durham Sanctuary University Newpaper, I also am a contributor for fashionverbatim.net and have my own blog: www.befrassy.com I just wanted to say, that I LOVE your blog, its content is truly inspirational and I love the way you present fashion to your blogger audience. Yours has, I must admit, become a must-read for me. Anyway, I was wondering, would you like to exchange links? Personally I would love to reccommend your blog to my readers and would really appreciate it if you did the same for me. So let me know, check me out on www.befrassy.com, for some delicious fashion ramblings and digressions!

xxxx audrey leighton rogers

Siljesfashion said...

Love the corset!

Danz said...

I can never get my hair to look that wondrously sleek but I do admire those who can!

Tricia said...

that show of bathing suits was incredible! Hey, my office overlooks Bryant Park too! Well, not mine, but there's a great view from the CEO's office!

Always In Style said...

See FH - I knew we were neighbors!

Actually my view is the side of the park, but it always picks me up nonetheless :)