Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wedding Dresses Off The Rack from $98 - $10K+

Photobucket

Though I thoroughly enjoyed the celebrity treatment I received when shopping for and purchasing my gown before my big walk down the plank, er, I mean aisle (j/k -- love you so much Pooh bear!) there's something to be said for purchasing a dress that's ready to go.

I found these two extreme examples this morning and couldn't help but share.

The one on the left is by Kay Unger. I love the slinky cut and peep toe pumps. Add a little fishnet or "birdcage" veil and a vintage mink stole perhaps and you've nailed the retro glam bride look for $98 at Rue La La. (But hurry, quantities are going fast)

The flowy goddess dress on the right is pure Valentino, hop into a pair of Manolo Blahnik Sedaraby D'Orsay pumps and you're ready to take the plunge. At a cool $11K - it's quite a splurge but you'll save hours of dress fitting time -- time better spent lavished upon your own Pooh bear.


No comments: