Friday, May 16, 2008

Working Overtime on Vacay

Since booking our trip to Sicily, I have been obsessed with finding cute lounging-around-the-pool tunics or cover-ups that pull double duty.

First, it’s gotta cover up the ol’ pooch I’ve managed to acquire after months of sitting at my computer revamping our website: www.alwaysinstyle.com for our beloved members and blog readers; and second: it must be versatile enough to go from our beach front rental to some spur of the moment vineyard hopping wine-tasting and still look fabulous.

Though a terry number would be a perfectly acceptable, albeit tired choice for the pool, it is severely lacking in meeting criteria due.

Enter this utterly chic Velvet tank dress:

Photobucket

I adore the I-don't-obsess-too-much-about-my-outfits-but-still-look-freaking-cool vibe that it projects. I’d pair it with a delicate gold pendant; a pair of gladiator sandals and a straw clutch.

And that thing about double duty? Well, iThreads has got you covered. Buy from them and not only receive superb customer service, (After a recent order I received an unexpected and very kind follow up email) but a portion of the sale proceeds go to families with children who are undergoing cancer treatment at Albany Medical Hospital.


Get it now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you certainly found a winner! Besides it's adorable details, the dress also seems as though it would hold up nicely in a suitcase. Even if it ended up getting slightly wrinkled, it would only up its cool factor!

Always In Style said...

Excellent point cupcakes - I agree 100% :-)

Siljesfashion said...

Looks great! Perfect for beach side lounging.

Tricia said...

adorable, it seems like the poolside niche has been nicely filled this season. for those of you with tight budgets, old navy has simple, pretty coverups in the swim section. and i love the idea of it being enough to take you from pool to market to cafe!

Nothing said...

Very cool

Richel said...

I love velvet!

Top bird said...

Hey - nice find. Thanks for the linkage ... compliment returned! xx

Anonymous said...

I love this bowknot and colour! So soft and nice )))