Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Here Comes The Bride in Oscar de la Renta

Photobucket

I have a confession to make. I’m hopelessly addicted to The Knot message boards. The fact that I was married nearly two years ago doesn’t preclude me from delighting in “knottie” bios in search of gratuitous engagement ring shots, dress fitting successes and failures, and hair trials from hell pics.

Needless to say, the wedding of our Commander in Chief’s daughter Jenna is no different. Unfortunately, online images are scarce. This one is lovely but just leaves me champing at the bit to get my fix for more bridey goodness!

Since finding the right dress is almost as difficult as finding the right guy I had to comment on this exquisite Oscar de la Renta. I love the juxtaposition of the intricate details of an haute couture gown with the low-key mussed up hair and simple accessories – Jenna pulls off the whole outdoor, casual yet elegant wedding vibe flawlessly.

I’m still waiting for photos of the undoubtedly fabulous Lela Rose designed attendant dresses…

What do you think?

(Photo credit: Getty Images)

8 comments:

EvaAmarri said...

Jenna looked beautiful.
Just wanted to say thanks for visiting my site. Hope u don't mind me adding you to my links.

Unknown said...

You're right ....lovely dress!!

Mimi said...

I'm not 100% sure about this dress but anyway she looks quite pretty.
thx for your comment.would u like to exchange links?just leave comment on my blog to confirm

Fab Over 40 said...

Quite a lovely dress.

hannah said...

gorgeous. i love the dress.

Anonymous said...

The dress is lovely, but too my mind it is just too simple.

Siljesfashion said...

She looks great. And I must admit I got married last summer and do the same thing!! Love weddings.

Liz Lizo said...

I read a lot of negative comments on the dress, but I think she looked great in it.