Monday, May 12, 2008

New York Street Beat: Bootieful

DSC_0037DSC_0019
Ah…warm weather…we’ve just been dying to slip our freshly-pedicured toes into fab new gladiators, flip-flops, wedges, boots…um, come again?

Yep, you heard right – boots.

Seems stylish Manhattanites can’t kick their bootie addiction even when temperatures soar. We’ve spotted quite a few pair gracing cute sundresses, minis, even shorts. While we wouldn’t suggest pairing knee-high boots with shorts (a little too Britney, and not in a good way) we’re warming up to the idea of experimenting with different options. We were surprised to find many warm weather-friendly styles in perforated leather, large cut-out buckles, or the old tried and true peep toe.

bootie nysb1.jpg
Jeffrey Cambell Cyndi Boot
Urban Outfitters

bootie nysb2.jpg
Merritt Bronze Leather Peep Toe Booties
Steve Madden

bootie nysb3.jpg
Chanel Knee High Boots
eBay

11 comments:

Tricia said...

ahh, Bryant Park, the picture spot to get great street fashion pics!

Blicious said...

love the pics and boots!

Shes Dressing Up said...

I wonder if they got too hot? Looks great though!

Shes Dressing Up said...

I wonder if they got too hot? Looks great though!

Seeker said...

Thank you for visited my blog and left a comment.
I'm loving yours, so I'll come back.

Eli said...

I wish I could wear flat boots all year long, except when it starts getting hot here in vegas, all you want to wear are sandals

FASHION CHALET said...

I can relate. I am a self proclaimed SHOE-A-HOLIC. Great blog! :)

Mimi said...

I like the 1st pair of boots :)

Unknown said...

Love the street shots! Those steve madden booties are hot!

Unknown said...

boots in bryant park<3

Merily said...

Aaah, i like those boots!