Monday, May 19, 2008

Red Carpet Don't

Photobucket

By now everyone who cares about SATC has already seen this pic. And nope, I'm not going to start with that Philip Treacy chapeau -- it's just low hanging fruit as far as I'm concerned.

What I do find disturbing about this ensemble is it's disjointedness. Matcy-matchy but then again, not so much. Look closely at the sweetheart neckline and you'll see tiny feathers that match that car wreck propped up on top of her head. Never mind that the color is baby snot green - scan down to Ms. Parker's shoes. Those peep toe pumps are just so wrong. One can only assume that SJP suffered a major wardrobe malfunction en route and had to fish out these clunky pumps from her assistant's tote.

Really, a pair of strappy metallic Manolos or Jimmy Choos would have saved this look.

This is the stuff of fashion don't history. Hope the movie doesn't disappoint as much.

Photo credit: Celebutopia

7 comments:

eye4style said...

I beg to differ that this look is a don't! But I love a great fashion risk, that impresses me more than consistent good taste.

Always In Style said...

Hi eye! I'm with you - I love it when someone takes a risk, this one, however, just fell flat for me. Not quite good taste but not quite avant-garde either.

Anonymous said...

I was reluctant to read your post after already having browsed tons of other articles about SJP's mistake of an outfit. To my surprise, yours made me laugh outloud, thanks to your clever and witty commentary!

Tricia said...

I understand your feelings, and I know lots feel the same way, but I think this was perfect Carrie and she wore it so well. But I did see a tv interview and she was so charming in it all...

J.M. Powell said...

i have to agree with 'eye'...looks like this aren't meant to be safe and wearing a philip treacy hat is kind of the definition of eccentric dresssing (ie. the late isabella blow). it's meant to cause a stir. and, i'd say it did, would't you? :)

heartu,kisses said...

ew! i'm surprised she made this choice....usually sjp is so stylin'

Unknown said...

Her dress is really gorgeous, its too bad she had to wear the hat with it. Maybe she was just trying to make a fashion statement like her character carrie.