Monday, April 7, 2008

Run, Girl, Run!

This weekend I traded in my Jimmy Choo's for running shoes and completed the More Magazine's Half-Marathon in Central Park.

It was a little chilly, and admittedly I am a lot out of shape, but although my knees and thighs are still burning with pain I have no regrets...nothing can compare to the sense of accomplishment that washes over you the moment you cross the finish line.

The race is targeted for women 40+ so there were lots of mother/daughter teams and a general vibe of good will and support that I haven't encountered in other races that I've participated in. And I can't think of anything more stylish than that!

Now, if only I could find those wonderful guys and gals who cheered me on at each mile marker in my everyday life. Or maybe they do exist and I just need to tune in more closely.

Happy trails....

Kim
Style Editor


Photobucket

No comments: