Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wrist Watch

From top to bottom: Roberto Cavalli jeweled Plexiglas cuff, $550, available at eluxury. Erickson Beamon gold leaf cuff, $525, available at net-a-porter. Fred Flare gold studded biker cuff, $6, available at fredflare.

Lately, I've been obsessing about how to wear the pretty floral dresses that are out this season. The problem, at least for me, is that I'm petite so when I wear printed frocks I tend to look overly juvenile. Seeking a solution to this predicament, I've been on a hunt for aggressive jewelry. Combining my flowery garment with one of these chunky pieces of arm candy and a pair of mile-high booties should keep me from looking like I belong in the 4th grade.

Tune in tomorrow to check out bold neck pieces.

12 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-what a brilliant idea, I like this idea for my summer vintage dresses!

JGeb said...

Oooo I love chunky cuffs! That yellow one is perfect!

John Gascot said...

Be careful, not to look like a 4th grader who wears aggressive jewelry and mile high booties.

I like the $6 piece best. The price is certainly right and I like the direct contradiction of studded vs. floral.

BTW I love the term "aggressive" jewelry!

Elizabeth said...

I really like the studded cuff.

Anonymous said...

Awesome solution - I always try to balance out super-girly or frilly items with edgier ones. Looking forward to seeing those necklaces!

Anna Pope said...

I love the first one!

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of cuff bracelets. They're a great way to add interest to a simple outfit like jeans & a t-shirt. To your point, accessories with an edge really help offset an otherwise angelic innocent look.

Tricia said...

oh, I bet you look fantastic in floral prints! But yes to the cuffs and mile-high booties with your florals.

Samantha Smikle said...

florals and tough jewelry sounds like a plan! love your picks! [drool, drool] hahha
xo,
S.

frockandrollonline.com said...

Oh, I am such a cuff fiend! YUM!

Anonymous said...

that really hot gold piece reminded me of this hot JPG bracelet http://www.emphaticnyc.com/product_info.php?products_id=927

great post.

Ana said...

Big fan of the bib necklace trend, but my bony wrists mean I have to pass up all these awesome cuffs. It's still fun to look at them, though!

By the way, I love your blog!