Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Statement Pieces




The Chain Gang






Geometric Pendants




The Bibs




The Chain Gang (from left to right): Mackenzie multi-layer chain necklace, $78 available at Marciano. Asst link necklace, $6.80 available at Forever 21. Geometric Necklaces (from left to right): Gerald Yosca square necklace with stones, $280 available at Marissa Collections. Alexis Bittar geometric necklace, $119 available at Intermix. Vanessa Montiel necklace, $390 available at Fragments. The Bibs (from left to right): Facet bib necklace, $38, available at Arden B. Early hawthorn necklace, $38 available at Anthropologie. House of harlow 1960 black resin triangle necklace, $125 available at Kitson.



While show stopping necklaces are not a new trend, I find them particularly relevant with the holidays on the horizon. Clasp one on to reinvent an old cocktail dress or use it to add some serious visual impact to a simple frock. An added bonus? The spring runways were littered with huge neck pieces so you can wear these baubles well into the warm weather.

19 comments:

Nia said...

love the chains!

Anonymous said...

Lady, I love ALL of these. I have so many delicate, ladylike pendants in my collection that constantly get passed-over in favor of the big chunkers.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Am linking to this. I love the chain necklaces.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

one of the best installments i've seen yet on statement jewelry. i love it all!!! xo

John Gascot said...

It's all about the bibs!

Marte said...

I love the chains :)

Fab Over 40 said...

Love, Love, LOVE the necklaces!

Siljesfashion said...

Love the Chain gang!!

Vera said...

love the right one of "the chain gang" nice blog you've got

Ti Dickenson said...

im in loveee with the chains

Anonymous said...

Love your finds! A great bold accessory makes such a statement & punches up what may be an otherwise plain ensemble.

Tricia said...

put me on the gang, I love all these necklaces.

Mónica said...

I adore the black -in the bibs category- one

frockandrollonline.com said...

These are utterly fabulous - I am sitting at my desk absolutely SWOONING with glee!

Fashion Moment said...

I love it, and my favourite are Gold Geometric Pendants.

FM

Anonymous said...

oh i love the chains!

have a great christmas and new year!
lots of love

BSB

The beautiful and glammed said...

Love your blog! Merry Christmas x

lev_i_mote said...

chains are my favorite, i have been looking for a good one..gotta check f21 :)


xoxo

Londyn said...

wow - so many pretty pretty pieces!